Friday, March 11, 2011

Tissue Box Covers

I have been known to stand for 5 or 10 minutes (possibly more, but that's all I care to admit to) in front of all the tissue boxes in the grocery store, trying to find even one that I liked. I've actually made friends at the tissue box displays after another woman and I were there for the longest time, hunting, searching for that one jewel among many. After maybe 7 minutes had gone by, I realized I wasn't alone, that another woman stood by conducting her own search. Could we possibly be tissue-box fanatics? Y'know, like just any box would not do. ::sigh:: When I could no longer find the cute boxes with the flowers and fairies, I told the other woman, "That's it - I am making my own from now on!" And that decision has been quite freeing and even very cost effective. I now grab the ugliest box of tissues which, no big coincidence, is also the cheapest, and I make my own fabric covers for them. These covers are nice and easy, and if I double up fabric, I can cut out and sew up two of them in roughly a half hour. I now have pretty tissue boxes all over the house - which is good since it seems I've needed mountains of them over the last month or so.

1 comment:

  1. There are great crochet and plastic canvas patterns to solve this problem, too. I have promised to get to solving this problem, too.

    ReplyDelete