Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring in the Air

It was in the 60s yesterday! I opened all the windows and let the clean fresh air whoosh through the house. Tomorrow is the first day of spring! Just about time to air all the quilts out on the line and put them away till next winter.
Today hub and I went to the cottage and trudged through the still-deep snow to the door and went inside. All was fine and the same way we had left it last fall. Gosh, it's tiny in there! I measured again, and yes, only enough room for a 3/4 bed and nothing bigger. Then we measured for the new windows and drove over to Home Depot. I'd wanted to do this yesterday, when it was warmer outside, but hub wanted me to have one more day to recover before going on this outing. This week and as I am feeling up to it, I'll be working on the vintage Hoosier cabinet that will be going in the cottage to serve as the little "kitchen".
Aren't the colors in this painting just too gorgeous! It's by one of my favorite Maine painters.

No comments:

Post a Comment