Friday, March 18, 2011

Little Waterfront Cottage

This is the dock at the little waterfront cottage I was able to get last August. Early last fall I replaced the rotting boards of the dock, and hub cut down the posts so that they are the same height. I wire-brushed the posts and painted them a flat black and added little solar lights on the two posts at the end of the dock - so pretty when they twinkle on just after sunset. I started with absolutely nothing and had no help over the years, did not even have any help with child support from son's father, and I can say that it an absolute dream come true, an absolute blessing, to be able to have this tiny waterfront cottage. I hope to be able to do lots of work there after all the snow melts and I am able to get to it. It's something to look forward to and help me get better as I have been sick almost all winter. Being so sick and also losing a precious little loved one, and then the horrific disaster in Japan has got me so down-hearted - I am looking forward to a better spring for everyone. Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment