Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Slipcovering 101

I spent a good part of yesterday learning all I could about slipcovering - once I cut into my chosen slipcovering fabric, I definitely need to know what I'm doing. I've had this book, SLIPCOVER CHIC, for several years and finally read it cover to cover. And one of the things I decided is that my first project is going to be an old armchair and not the sofa - which can wait till I have some slipcovering experience under my belt. The armchair I'm going to slipcover is a few decades old and a hand-me-down from my parents; somebody's used parts of it to sharpen her nails (Hint: it wasn't me!) Basically, the chair looks like dump materiel, yet it has good bones and is the most comfy chair in the house - and just ask any cat to confirm that. ;-) Today I'll be getting all the measurements of the chair in order to figure yardage of fabric needed.
So here I go! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment