Monday, April 4, 2011

Making A Slipcover


I am back - a little older, a little sadder. But life goes on. I continue to study on harp, but what I was anxious to share is how I am planning on slipcovering my sofa!
Since I love lots of white, I'll be using a white cotton duck fabric along with a white cotton muslin for the lining. My first steps will be to measure my sofa and figure out how much yardage I'll need. This will be my first big slipcover project and I am so anxious to learn how to do this! So here goes - wish me luck! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello..I have been wondering how you have been doing. Good luck with your project, please post pics so we can see what the finished look will be. I wanted to let you know that I told my daughter about your loss and she instituted a "Pet Appreciation Day" last month. It fell on the same day as St. Patricks Day and she had an invite on her facebook page. Over 100 people responded. We have 4 cats and it was a day to spend extra time with them, loving them, playing more and getting extra treats. She is a cat lover and wants to be "felinologist" when she grows up...if there is such a thing. I meant to share this with you, and then I got sidetracked with other life plans...but I am glad to see you are still plugging along. Hope you are getting some Spring weather soon. Farmgirl Hugs, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica! I was just so downhearted - it got to the point that I couldn't even blog. I guess I needed to take the time to morn. I am feeling better now, and I know I did the right thing. Pet Appreciation Day - that is so great! Yes, a felinologist - I understand completely, and what a great idea! About the slipcover for the sofa - hmmmm...I am looking at my big sofa and am feeling rather intimidted. I think my first slipcover project should be something smaller - and while I am learning, maybe I better start with a chair. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete