Friday, February 25, 2011

My First Fondant

This is a 3-layer red velvet cake I made completely from scratch (not boxed). But the reason why I am posting a picture of it is, look at the fondant that I made and topped the cake with. That is my first attempt at fondant, and wow - I really impressed myself! ;-) But to be fair, it wasn't all that hard. And while the cake is certainly pretty in its white fondant wrapping complete with fondant ribbon and a bow in the top center, it was far sweeter than I liked. I probably won't do fondant again, but what a pretty picture it made!

4 comments:

  1. Red Velvet Cake is my husbands absolute favorite. Never been brave enough to tackle fondant-Good for you! Nice job!

    Hmmmm...heading to the grocery store later on think I might pick up some ingredients for a cake.

    You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that really is pretty, or I guess by now was pretty. Nothing I bake looks like that.
    Nancy JO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! <3

    The fondant wasn't hard to make. If you decide to try it, use the easier recipe which calls for a bag of small marshmallows. It was a lot of fun, and really, if I can do something like this on my very first try, anybody can do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete